Condo Condominium Inspection Services
As an experienced condo inspector, I will prepare your Inspection Report with easy-to-read details on:
- The condition of accessible and visible major building components, (excluding the exterior components which are maintained by the association or management company).
- Major and minor observed deficiencies, especially the high cost items, such as boilers, furnaces, A/C units/condensers, electrical panel and wiring, windows, doors, structural components, support posts, beams, and foundations
- Any major expenditures necessary to be expected prior to the closing
- What to watch out for, including items such as trip or fall hazards, entry/exit problems, or poorly designed walks, porches, decks.
- Helpful home preservation tips, including painting, trim repair or replacement, caulking (very important for energy cost savings) and ventilation tips
- Safety concerns, which can take into account many things, but electrical safety tops the list for easily repaired concerns or issues. Other safety issues can involve an unsafe deck, rails/balusters, or deck stairs.
- Energy efficiency recommendations and suggestions, including upgrading a poorly insulated home to a minimum of R-38 attic insulation, insulating the attic access door or drop staircase, insulating an unheated basement ceiling, and replacing worn or damaged exterior doors, windows and/or weather seals.
I also offer these additional/optional services:
- Whole House Infrared, Thermal Image Scanning: Call for a quote
- Well Water Testing: Options and fees in Pricing tab
- Radon in Air Testing: Fees in Pricing tab
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- New Construction Inspections
- Pre-Warranty Expiration Inspections, (at the 11 month mark).
- SEPTIC SYSTEM INSPECTION AND EVALUATION: These services are performed by professional septic inspectors. All fees for these services are paid directly to the septic inspector. Home Inspection Pros does not accept any payments for or from these vendors
What Does a Typical Condo Inspection Cover?
- Decks, Stoops, Porches, and Railings (comments only if these items are maintained by the homeowner’s association or condo management company).
- Doors, Windows and caulking
- Heating and Cooling systems
- Water Heating system
- Kitchen Components
- Interior Plumbing Fixtures, lines and drains
- Walls, Ceilings and Floors
- Fireplace Damper Door and Hearth
- Staircases, Attic, Rafters, Trusses, Insulation and Ventilation
- Basement, Foundation, Beams, Girders, Joists, and Sub-flooring
- Rain Water Infiltration and Foundation Movement
- Electrical Service Line and Meter Box
- Main Disconnect and Service Amperage
- Electrical Panels, Breakers and Fuses
- Testing of GFCI and AFCI
- Main Water Shut Off Valves, Piping, and Fittings
- Garage Doors, Safety Sensors and Openers.